The thought that kids could not like being homeschooled never really crossed my mind until I realized it was at the forefront of public school parents’ minds when they looked at my children.
Because many parents believe children miss out on things when they are homeschooled. But, what people don’t realize is that there is a totally different culture to homeschooling (at least homeschooling that isn’t based on a public school mentality).
So, as you read through my children’s responses to why they like being homeschooled, think about that culture shift. None of these answers were coerced and I asked each of my children separately so no one would be influenced by another’s answers. Needless to say, I smiled.
1. “Because I get to learn about God.”
2. “Because I get to spend time with my parents.”
3. “Because I get to learn stuff with my family.”
4. “Because I get done faster than if I was at public school.”
5. “Because I get a customized education.”
6. “Because I have time to learn about the things I really want to learn about.”
7. “Because I get to do the things I learn about.”
8. “Because it’s fun!”
9. “Because I get to be in an environment with people who are well behaved.”
10. “Because I get to learn life skills and other useful things.”
Any of these a shocker to you? Take a moment to ask your children why they like to be homeschooled! You might be pleasantly surprised by their answers!