The giveaway has ended. The winner is Luanna! Congratulations!
Very rarely have I managed to go through a pregnancy and sleep like a baby. Most of the time, by the third trimester I’m averaging between 3 and 5 hours each night. Some days that is plenty. Other days I crash and burn.
I learned long ago that finding something else to focus on during those hours I’m not sleeping helps to relax me enough to actually finally fall asleep and stay asleep.
Here are just a few of the things I’ve been doing this pregnancy to manage a little “shut eye.”
– Watching Food Network shows on Hulu. Not only do I now know how to make a mean squab, I actually know what a squab is! (When I was pregnant with Garin, I watched enough Deadliest Catch to know how to run my own crabbing operation!)
– Watching Call the Midwife on PBS.org for FREE. I seriously love to watch birthing movies, so this is exactly what I was looking for. Other pregnancies have found me watching The Business of Being Born and TLC’s World Birthday.
– Reading Born to Deliver. Again, I have this thing about reading and watching birth stories, so when I was offered an advanced copy of midwife Kathy Brace’s book Born to Deliver, I jumped on it! (When I finish it, I’ll be posting a review.) In previous pregnancies, I’ve read Labor of Love (not a favorite) and Baby Catcher (LOVED this book!)
– Eating a bit of protein before bed. This has been really helpful and gives my stomach something to gnaw on.
– Making sure the house is the right temperature. Everyone else is freezing, but I’m feeling great!
– Covering up with a blanket I like. I get super itchy when I’m pregnant, so something as small as what kind of blanket I’m sleeping under can make a huge difference. In fact, I had such an affinity for a certain blanket when I was pregnant with my last baby, that we affectionately named it “Greeny.”
– Keeping the kids out of the bed until it is morning. Granted, our bed has seen better days, but putting even one extra child in it (namely the 3 year old) makes my back ache something terrible.
– Reducing how often I have to get up at night. Some things just can’t be helped, but when my littlest guy started waking up in the night because his disposable diaper had leaked everywhere, I knew it was time to do something different.
Remember when I did the Cloth Diapering Basics series and I said someday I was going to try wool covers because everyone I knew raves about them? Well, getting up every night to change wet clothes and sheets was enough to push me over the edge!
Coleen from Sweet Little Blessings sent me some EcoPosh wool covers to try on my wet little guy and I wrote an excited Facebook status the day they arrived and I started washing them up! I had several readers ask me to post a review once I’d had a chance to try them, so I figured this post was a great place to do that…especially since I get to add an awesome giveaway on to it!
The EcoPosh Wool Cover comes in 2 different sizes:
Size 1 for 8-20 lbs
Size 2 for 15-35 lbs
I got 2 in each size because I was convinced this was going to work. Two is perfect because you can switch off and on and still have one on hand if one needs washing (they do take at least 24 hours to dry).
Washing them up the first time was super easy. I followed these directions. I’ve only had to wash them one time since that initial wash and all that took was a 15 minute soak in wool wash and laying out to dry on a towel.
They fit over the prefolds like a dream! I like prefolds at night because they are so incredibly absorbant. The cover fit over them perfectly.
On the occasional night when I have to put him in a disposable, I still put the wool cover over it. I read about people doing this and decided if I was going to have to put those leaky diapers on him, at least he was going to stay dry. It works!
Garin seems quite comfy. He really likes his wool covers (as you can see from all the posing he did for me when I told him I was going to take his picture )
I am beyond pleased with these covers and so glad Coleen from Sweet Little Blessings introduced me to them! I cannot wait to put them on the new baby!
So, here’s the sweet giveaway and sweet savings deal from Sweet Little Blessings just in time for Baby’s Christmas (even though I will readily admit cloth diapers are a favorite for mommy too!)…
Use coupon code
through 11/10 and get 10% off!
And yes, if your order is over $40, you get FREE SHIPPING! (U.S. orders only)
Enter to win below (or if you are reading via email, click here and scroll down)!