Every year at Christmas, Ty’s dad would bring a cheese ball, and it was always the most delicious thing ever! I finally asked for the recipe, and boy, was I surprised! It was so easy, you could make it in your sleep! 4 ingredients – that’s it.
This has become our go-to potluck offering, our go-to holiday treat, our go-to quick meal even! I keep the ingredients on hand along with a box of buttery crackers, and I am ready to head to any event with the wow factor in hand!
Now, you too, can be like me (and Ty’s dad before me)…
- 2-3 8oz blocks cream cheese or neufchatel
- 2 small jars dried beef (in the canned meat aisle)
- 6 green onions
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- Soften blocks of cream cheese. Dice beef and onions. Mix all ingredients together and form into a ball. Eat immediately with crackers, or cover with plastic wrap and return to refrigerator to enjoy later.
- (If you like a lot of goodies in your cheeseball, go with 2 blocks of cream cheese. If you need to make the cheese ball stretch, you can do 3 or even 4 blocks.)