Every winter, this rich, creamy soup calls my name. It’s my comfort food. It reminds me of precious friends, roaring fires, and frost on the windowpanes. But, I never limit myself to just having this soup in the winter. That would be crazy! This soup should be a staple and always paired with a crusty loaf of bread.
Let me introduce you to my Creamy Sausage Vegetable Soup!
I usually double this recipe for my family, and often have enough to stretch for lunch the next day. While it’s not my norm to buy dry soup mixes, there is just something about a quality creamy potato soup mix being in this soup that makes it amazing! I often buy Bear Creek brand, but frankly, Aldi’s creamy potato soup mix is just as good (and cheaper!).
- 1 qt chicken broth
- 1 pkg frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 chopped potatoes
- 1# sausage, browned
- 1 pkg of Creamy Potato Soup Mix
- whipping cream (as much as you desire!)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook veggies in broth until tender.
- Brown sausage and drain.
- Add potato soup mix to veggies and broth (add more water if needed).
- Add browned sausage.
- Add whipping cream.
- Serve immediately with a crusty loaf of bread.