Today is Friday! For our family, that means NO SCHOOL! For years now, we’ve schooled on a 4 Day Schedule, and we love it! Some of you may be wondering what exactly a 4 Day Schedule is. Some of you may have heard of a 4 Day Schedule, but aren’t sure if it’s right for your family. And some of you may simply be curious about how a 4 Day Schedule works. This post and video are for you!
Visit my Homeschooling Year Round Resource Page for helpful tips and resources to make a smooth transition to homeschooling year round!
Let’s explore some reasons why you might be interested in homeschooling 4 days a week:
- Your family travels a lot.
- Your family has several extra-curricular activities they are involved in.
- Daddy’s schedule is flexible or irregular.
- You are caring for another family member, friend, or neighbor.
- You want your family to be involved in volunteer work.
- Mom has a part time job or works from home.
- Mom is burned out and needs break from the regular routine.
Things to consider:
- You can choose the day of week you want to take off.
- You can vary which day of the week you take off, but this could lead to a lack of discipline.
- This might be just for a season, or you may find you really like this schedule!
- You may need to tweak your curriculum to fit your schedule.
- 4 day a week schedules usually require you to school year round. Doing so gives you even more flexibility.
Other 4 Day a Week Homeschooling Posts from Raising Arrows:
How We Implement a 4 Day a Week Homeschool Schedule
My Year Round 4 Day Homeschooling Schedule