Lunch for the homeschooling family is often whatever can be thrown together quickly. I’ve written before about some of our favorite quick lunches, but lately pizza has also made the menu, and it is all because of this super easy pizza dough recipe that can be ready to serve in 30 minutes!
You basically throw all the ingredients in your mixer, let it rest while you gather your toppings, roll it out and pop it in the oven for about 15 minutes!
My kids get so excited when I tell them we are having homemade pizza, and I’m so excited that I don’t have to slave over it!
Some of our favorite toppings (not all on the same pizza, mind you!):
- Tomato sauce with Italian seasonings and garlic
- Canadian bacon
- Hamburger or buffalo burger
- Green pepper
- Artichoke hearts
- Black olives
And I seriously tried to get a photo of the finished product before the kids tore into it…but as you can see, that’s virtually impossible in this house!
(Note: I double this recipe to make 2 large pizzas which is enough to feed our family of 11 if I serve salad on the side.)
- 2½ c. flour
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp oil
- 1 c warm water
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Throw all of the ingredients in the mixer with a dough hook and "knead" for 4-5 mins.
- Let dough rest for 5 minutes while you prepare the toppings.
- Roll out into two medium pizzas (rectangle shaped will get you more slices), add toppings and bake 12-15 mins.
- You have pizza in half an hour! Yay!