This week, I began to feel the 3rd Trimester.
I took a walk and wondered if I would make it back. I woke up at 3:30 am wide awake and uncomfortable. I went shopping and was very thankful for the shopping cart to help hold me up.
Oh, and that 1 hour glucose test?
Your body has to make 3x the insulin in pregnancy than it does outside of pregnancy. I’ve noticed that any little bit of sugar I ingest is really hard on me. My body just couldn’t do it in an hour. I’ll take the 3 hour later this week. No matter what, I will be watching my sugars closely. I just can’t handle them, and don’t like how they make me feel. You’ll probably see me pinning a lot of Trim Healthy Mama recipes on Pinterest. 😉
A couple of weeks ago, I had a friend ask me if anyone was planning a shower for me. I sort of snickered and said, “Um, no…not when you’ve had this many babies!” In our culture, Baby Showers are for first time moms and a baby of the opposite gender of what you’ve already had. That’s it. Anything beyond that is overkill and potential greed. (I say that with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek.)
However, new babies should be cause for celebration – no matter what number they are! And a pregnant mama deserves some pampering, especially if she’s had more than a couple of children.
Guess what?! I’ve found a super fun Baby and Pregnant Mama Celebration that would be a great fit no matter how many babies you’ve had!
A blogger friend of mine told me about the Spa Party Package this past week, and I immediately thought of how awesome this would be for celebrating pregnancy with your friends!
The package includes 3 ebooks – 2 on Do-It-Yourself facials and scrubs, and one on how to throw a party using these two books!
You can host either a Pampering Party or a Make & Take Party (everyone will go home with around a dozen homemade products!).
If you choose the Group Package, up to 20 guests get the 2 DIY ebooks FREE as “party favors”! In addition to that perk, the Group Package has about $300 in FREEBIES and COUPONS! It is well worth it to spend the $30 and get all the fun extras!
Here’s a list of the bonuses:
- 50% off lavender, lemon and peppermint essential oils at Plant Therapy ($12.96 savings, free shipping)
- FREE copy of Real Cocktails: Classic and Contemporary Mixed Drinks for the Real Foodie by Kendahl Florio ($9.99 value)
- 2 FREE self-care audio lessons from Mama and Baby Love€™s From Maiden to Mother eCourse ($100 value) + 40% off the full course ($98 value)
- Buy a 5 pack of lotion bars and/or lip balms and get a 6th bar and/or lip balm free (6 for price of 4!) at MadeOn Hard Lotion (great party favors, $8-14 savings)
- Special party hosting package from Just So + free clay mask €“ details to come ($5 savings, free shipping)
- 40% off natural facial moisturizer from Bare Market (over $10 savings, shipping only $3)
- 20% off your order at Redmond Clay (Real Salt included) PLUS free clay samples (while supplies last)
- 75% off any one of Katie€™s other eBooks at Kitchen Stewardship (up to $12 savings)
- 75% off Stacy€™s DIY Face Masks and Scrubs at A Delightful Home ($4.50 savings)
- 20% off anything in Leslie€™s storefront
- 15% off DIY kit at MadeOn Hard Lotion ($5.25 savings)
- Free printable labels for jars of scrubs ($2 value)
- Free printable recipe cards for scrubs ($1 value)
I can think of all sorts of possibilities this Spa Party has besides a Baby Shower – Mother-Daughter Nights, Birthdays, homemade Christmas gifts – and none of it involves me ingesting sugar! 😉
Remember, this offer ends October 17th
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE!
(Hopefully, next week, I’ll have an update on the 3 hour glucose test – keep praying!)